The windmills of Mykonos
The famous windmills are located above the Alefkandra and its name arises from the fact that women washed their clothes in the old days. The island was the center for grinding grain, and many people arrived there from other islands only for this. Today, they are used only as decoration. In 1700 the band with the 11 windmills had already been developed and operated. Today, in the best condition is the Mill Geronymos, which operated until the late '60 and kept most of the equipment.